Translate

Thursday, February 13, 2014

When 5 year old overwhelms you with their words

My 5 year old is just like any other kid, out there. Growing up steadily and testing all boundaries of freedom. He is testing his parents, teacher, friends. He is on the look out when their patience fail. Apologizing and doing it again 

He has a twinkle in his eye, a mischievous grin and I secretly love it when he does something not appropriate.  I do lecture him, sometime harshly if the limits are too stretched and my patience run dry, but I still adore them.

But his worldly wise serious comments or goofy ones are the best and keeps me laughing for weeks :

Mumma: Ayan I am not happy with my job. Sometimes I am upset because of that.
Ayan: Pretend you have a new job everyday. Job1, Job 2, Job 3......
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ayan: Can we play together
Mumma: Ok lets pretend to do a project about water
Ayan engrossed in role play completely for days now
I have a new name : Manager Aditi
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ayan : Mumma I am a man now, not a boy anymore.
Mumma: What are the special qualities to be a man
Ayan: You have to work hard , You have to have money, not be jealous (like girls) and be serious
Mumma: Hmmm (looking at dad)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dad: Its windy, do you hear the growling outside, be careful
Ayan: The wind is just hungry, it did not eat dinner last night, empty tummy....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mum: Ayan why did you not get a green face today
Ayan: Well I did not listen to my teacher
Mum: When
Ayan: (thinking) I think it was the music class
Mum: Are you sure
Ayan: I think it was at snack time
Mum: Really?
Ayan: Ah no it was the computer class, 
Mum: Hmmm
Ayan: No no wait in the free time......pause
         actually it was when we had to line up to go for a wash after snacks
Mum: Ok Let me tell you the story of the boy who called "Wolf"
(blah blah blah)

So what is the moral of the story?
Ayan: The wolf ate the boy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me: Can we go out and cycle
Dad: no its too cold
Me: Atleast kick the ball around 
Dad: Its really cold
Ayan looks around: Dad you have to agree with Mom sometimes, either cycle or soccer
(Dad Hiding the giggles, desperately, Me dancing the winning dance behind kiddo)
Ayan: I am serious, dont laugh
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayan sleeps by himself in the loving company of his toys. But every now and then mom needs to sleep with him. One day he wakes up very grumpy. 

" Did you sleep with dad last night" came the question in a very accusing tone...
"I did" sheepish mom replied

No comments:

Post a Comment